Guadalupe Mountains National Park
Guadalupe Mountains National Park is a home for mountains, canyons, deserts, and dunes. It is located in the east of El Paso, Texas and is the home to the 8,749 feet enormous Guadalupe peak in taxes. The nearest city to the park is Dell City, Texas
Spread over 86,367 acres of land and established in September 1972, major attractions include the Springs Visitor Centre, Dog Canyon, Frijole Ranch House, Williams Ranches, Pine Springs, Gypsum Sand Dunes, and McKittrick Canyon.
Hiking on Devil’s Hall Trail will be an interesting activity to do. There are many other hiking trails which will amuse you. Camping and horse riding in this park will surely give you amazing memories to remember.
Go on the Guadalupe Peak and be amazed by the overwhelming views of the Chihuahuan Desert.
No. Of Visitors in 2018
Best Time To Visit
March to November
These are the months where the temperature will be amiable to hot temperatures and limited rainfall. However mid-October will be the month where the surroundings will be full of vibrant red, yellow and orange coloured paradise as the season will be of autumn.
Things to carry
Following are the things to carry
Wear long sleeves and pants to protect against heat and desert spines.
First aid should consist of tweezers, moleskin, triangular bandages and other basic things.
Keep yourself hydrated by carrying drinking 0.5 to 1 liter per hour. Carry a water bottle or a hydration system.
Besides the above things, carry a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking shoes and mittens.
Tips before Visiting
- Be aware of the rattlesnakes that might cross your path.
- Don’t forget to have a glance of rainbow trout in the stream of McKittrick Canyon.
- Pine Springs Campground is the best place to camp as compared to other grounds. You can get your spot on the campground on the first-come, first-served basis.
- Back-country will only offer you a great day to spend but not water. So bring a lot of water.
- Dog Canyon is one of the silent places if you want alone time for only yourself.
- You can bring dogs on only some places and also they should have a leash.